The University of South Australia has partnered with the Master of Management Program at Universitas Negeri Jakarta in an action research project in the local government of Gresik, East Java, Indonesia.
Supported by a DFAT grant, the team has been building a measurement system for connecting households in the poorer districts of Gresik with sewerage and running water to each house.
With such demand for services, the Social Impact Calculator can enable the allocation of scarce resources to infrastructure investments which provide the highest social outcomes. The team has been delighted to be supported by Anna Crabb of Social Ventures Australia.
Now you can learn about the Community Participation in Measuring Social Impact using Social Return on Investment project:
Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2015
Time: 5pm (arrive at 4.45pm for drinks and nibbles. Followed by Indonesian food at 6.15pm)
Where: Council Room, Level 5, Hawke Building, North Terrace, City West Campus
Key Speaker: Dr Unggul Purwohedi, Universitas Negeri Jakarta
The session will address:
1. What is SROI? Why SROI? (Prof Bruce Gurd / Ms. Cheryll Lim)
2. An overview of the Indonesian local government project (Prof Gurd)
3. How we went about it – participatory SROI (Dr Unggul Purwohedi, UNJ, Indonesia)
4. A demonstration of the Social Impact Calculator – Dr Purwohedi
5. Partnerships yielding benefits Dr Mohammed Rizan, Master of Management, UNJ, Indonesia
For further information, please contact Bruce Gurd, Australian Centre for Asian Business, UniSA Business School Phone: +61 8 8302 0288