“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. Sport can awaken hope where there was previously only despair. Sport speaks to people in a language they can understand”. Nelson Mandela, 2000
Join SIMNA QLD in Brisbane on Wednesday, 19 September 2018 for a panel discussion featuring key spokespeople from the fields of sport, sustainability and social impact:
- Where: McCullough Robertson | 66 Eagle Street | Brisbane | QLD 4000
- When: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 from 8:00 am to 9:30 am
- Cost: $15 to attend. FREE for SIMNA Members
Q. How can we assess the longer term difference sport is making to community cohesion and inclusion?
Q. What lessons are we learning from big events and the major codes, as well as at the grassroots?
Moderated by SIMNA Qld Committee member Dr Geoff Woolcock, our panel of inspiring speakers includes:
- Chelli Easson, Manager, Sustainability & Legacy, Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Dean Warren, CEO, AFL Queensland
- Neesha Eckersley, Community Manager – Health & Projects, National Rugby League (NRL)
- Peter Cummiskey, CEO, QSport
This networking opportunity is not to be missed! We look forward to seeing you there.
We look forward to welcoming you.