Organised by SIMNA’s QLD Committee, attendees listened to presentations from a variety of local speakers on some of the challenges and opportunities for measuring social and environmental impact in the Sunshine Coast region. The speakers included:
- Mel Butcher from The Social Deck and SIMNA, who gave an introduction and high-level overview of the ways that organisations can measure and communicate their social impact.
- Min Seto, from the Australian Social Value Bank was able to link in by video conference to give a practical presentation on how the ASVB can assist organisations to turn their data into understanding real outcomes.
- Sharon Wright from AIME Mentoring was able to demonstrate the power of AIME’s storytelling approach to demonstrating impact, and share some of the technology they use to track progress against their goals.
- Caroline Osbourne from the Sunshine Coast Council explained how they are using a variety of integrated engagement, design and measurement methods to build a strong framework for their new Social Strategy, to help council to understand what works and what benefits their programs are really having in the community.
- Vivien Griffin from Zero Emissions Noosa (ZEN) talked about some of the challenges of demonstrating their impact to funders and grantmakers, from the perspective of a community organisation with limited resources.
- Finally, John Hague from Bendigo Community Bank spoke about their grants program and how they decide on what sorts of community projects to invest in that will help to improve and give the most benefits for the local community.
The speakers were followed by a Q&A session and an hour or so of networking drinks and nibbles kindly sponsored by The Social Deck.
Experience the atmosphere by watching on You Tube! Presentations can be viewed from the following fabulous speakers:
- Melanie Butcher, The Social Deck and SIMNA QLD Committee member
- Caroline Osbourne, Sunshine Coast Council
- Vivien Griffin, Zero Emissions Noosa
- Sharon Wright, AIME Mentoring
As the first event like this to be held in Noosa, the evening was a great success. Many people mentioned that they were keen to continue the social impact conversation and networking going. Sunshine Coast here we come!
SIMNA QLD Organising Committee member
Social ImpactDirector, The Social Deck