Nominations are now open for the 2017 SIMNA Awards
Note: The deadline for applications has been extended to Monday 3rd April, 2017 (5pm AEST)
The SIMNA Awards recognise and promote excellence in social impact measurement in Australia and set the quality standard for social impact measurement in Australia.
SIMNA invites applications across 4 award categories:
- Excellence in Social Impact Measurement (Large Organisation), sponsored by Think Impact
For organisations with more than 10 employees that set best practice standards for social impact measurement in Australia.
- Excellence in Social Impact Measurement (Small Organisation)
For organisations with 10 or less employees that set best practice standards for social impact measurement in Australia.
- Social Impact Measurement Change Maker
For individuals/groups that have overcome challenges and adopted innovative solutions to introduce social impact measurement into their or another organisation.
- Outstanding Social Impact Measurement Funding Organisation
For organisations that fund social programs and adopt social impact measurement for decision-making.
The awards are open to organisations based in Australia that undertake or support social impact measurement. This includes charities, non-for-profit organisations, Government organisations, philanthropic organisations, social enterprises, for-purpose businesses and impact investors.
Applications are assessed across criteria that emphasise the importance of rigour, transparency and accountability of reporting. The judging panel includes:
- Anne Hampshire (Head of Research & Advocacy, The Smith Family)
- Sarah Davies (CEO, Philanthropy Australia)
- Zac Hatzantonis (Director, PwC, Economics & Social Policy)
- Kevin Robbie (former CEO of United Way Australia)
- Carolyn Curtis (CEO, TACSI)
- Emma Tomkinson (Founder & CEO, Emma Tomkinson)
- Katya Andreyeva (Consultant, Social Ventures Australia)
- Jessica Bowman (Co Founder, The Good Cause Co.)
- Mike Davis (Founding Director, Purposeful).
Winners will be announced at the Think Outcomes conference in Sydney on 9-10 May 2017. The Think Outcomes conference is co-convened by SIMNA, the Centre for Social Impact and the Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth.
Your application is made up of 2 parts:
These must be emailed to email@example.com by 3rd April 2017. Please use 1.5 spacing and 12 size font for your Response to Application Criteria and observe the page limits.
You will receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your application. If you have any questions about the SIMNA Awards or the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone:
- Jessica Bowman on 0466 875 472
- Mike Davis on 0402 208 883
- Nominations open: 13 February 2017
- Nominations close: 3 April 2017
- Winners announced: 9 May 2017