In late 2018, the SIMNA Western Sydney Committee was launched to support social impact professionals in the Greater Western Sydney region. The feedback from the launch was extremely positive, with many excited about the opportunity to have a networking and learning space dedicated to demystifying social impact measurement.
The launch was also an opportunity for participants to tell the SIMNA Western Sydney Committee what areas of interest they would like covered at future events. Through small group discussions, participants expressed the desire to learn more about the following areas related to social impact measurement:
- Best practice examples of social impact measurement by locally based organisations
- Measuring the impact of growth, development and change in Western Sydney
- Ways to effectively measure collective impact and collaboration
- Evidence-informed decision making, including the impact of the political environment on social impact measurement
- Data collection and software options
- Tools for social impact measurement practice, such as accessible guidelines and methodologies.
The SIMNA Western Sydney Committee would like to thank the participants at the launch for their valuable feedback. The Committee has been using this feedback as they plan events for this year and beyond.
The next SIMNA Western Sydney event called ‘Measuring the impact of growth and change in Greater Western Sydney’ will be happening on Tuesday 28 May 2019 in Parramatta.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit this link. We look forward to seeing you all at the SIMNA Western Sydney May event!
Amy Lawton and Christina Jarron