The SIMNA Awards are back! Now in their 5th year, the SIMNA Awards are open to any organisation based in Australia that undertakes or supports social impact measurement. This includes NFP organisations, Government organisations or departments, philanthropic organisations, social enterprises, for-purpose businesses and impact investors.
Give your team the recognition that they deserve. Apply for a SIMNA Award today!
Update: SIMNA Award Applications have closed for 2019!
2019 SIMNA Award Categories
There are four Award Categories to choose from. This year we pay special homage to the whole grantmaking world who do so much to not only invest in vital social programs, but increasingly invest in the capacity of the organisations who work so hard to deliver those programs in ways that produce the greatest positive impact on so many lives.
The 2019 SIMNA Award categories are:
1. Excellence in Social Impact Measurement sponsored by Think Impact: for organisations that set best practice standards for social impact measurement.
2. Innovation in Social Impact Measurement sponsored by Urbis: for individuals and groups that have developed or adopted innovative solutions to social impact measurement in their or another organisation.
3. Outstanding Collaboration in Social Impact Measurement sponsored by SVA Consulting: for social impact measurement projects that features collaborative approaches that go beyond the usual. This might include cross sector and/or intra sector collaborations that work to adopt systemic change in complex areas.
4. Effective investment in Social Impact Measurement sponsored by Our Community: for funders, grantmakers, philanthropists, and government departments for whom impact measurement has helped them effectively invest in impact and drive real change.
When Is The Right Time To Apply?
Rather than wait until your program or initiative is complete, we encourage you to apply now. It is your work that we are interested in, not your impact or outcomes.
Our Winners and Runners-Up shone bright at the 2018 SIMNA Awards Ceremony. Find out who took home the gold HERE!
Social Value Principles
The foundation stone for the SIMNA Awards is the Seven Principles of Social Value. These provide the basic building blocks for anyone that wants to ensure decision-making takes a wider definition of value into account (i.e. beyond current economic market values).
- Involve stakeholders
- Understand what changes
- Value the things that matter
- Only include what is material
- Do not over-claim
- Be transparent
- Verify the result
These principles may be new to you. Don’t let that put you off! They are a framework to guide and inform the assessment process.
How It Works
There is a separate Application Form for each Award Category. You may enter more than one category of Award. And you can absolutely apply if you also entered last year!
Please email your completed Application Form and with any attachments and supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email acknowledging your entry.
This year’s SIMNA Awards Ceremony will take place in Melbourne on the evening of Thursday, 17 October 2019. Tickets will go on sale soon.
The 2019 Judging Panel features some of Australia’s most accomplished social impact practitioners. Check them out here!
The SIMNA Awards would not be possible without the support of our incredible sponsors. We are delighted to once again welcome the Australian Government, Department of Social Services as our Major Awards Sponsor and also Deloitte as our Awards Presentation Event Sponsor. We extend our sincere thanks to our SIMNA Award sponsors too – Think Impact, Urbis, Social Ventures Australia and Our Community.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com.