SIMNA is a membership organisation whose purpose is to help foster the emerging practice of social impact measurement in Australia.
At our core, we believe that organisational decisions should consider the social impact that activities have on society.
Our aim is to work with members to build a powerful community of practice that can lead and shape the development of social impact measurement both in Australia and around the world.
Since its foundation in 2012, SIMNA has developed a network of over 1,000 members actively seeking to improve measurement practices in Australia. Our members range from those just starting out and wanting to ‘give it a go’ all the way to leading experts who wish to contribute and shape standards and practice.
SIMNA is the Australian affiliate to Social Value International, connecting our members with international organisations in over 45 countries.
SIMNA’s activities to date have included:
- Member participation and networking around Australia as part of state chapters.
- Co-convening the Think Outcomes conference in Sydney (2014) and Melbourne (2016).
- Celebrating success in social impact measurement through the SIMNA Awards.
In 2016 SIMNA established a new structure and membership model to further:
- Refine and share practice.
- Develop helpful tools and resources, including training.
- Advocate and guide public policy and debate.
- Set standards and provide guidance for impact measurement.
- Facilitate working groups and research projects.
- Support our members in their chosen field of expertise.
SIMNA membership is open to those who:
- Believe decision making should include the social impact activities have on society.
- Are willing to be a shared voice for change.